Rugger’s Edge and College Consultants of Colorado Join Forces with Denver Public Schools for College Application Days
1700 Seniors Will Apply to College Over a 5-Day Period
Denver, Colorado: October is College & Career Readiness Month and starting October 16, 2017 at the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel in Denver, Denver Public Schools will be hosting their College Access for All Event. Started in the Fall of 2014, this program has nearly doubled every year. Recent numbers indicate upwards of 1700 DPS students are registered to participate in this historic program. Applying to college can be a daunting task and the goal is to have as many seniors finish their application as is humanly possible. Rugger’s Edge owner and founder Karen Fong Donoghue, along with other Independent Educational Consultants from College Consultants of Colorado, will be helping to coordinate and direct approximately 30-40 additional adult volunteers.
Independent Educational Consultants strive to help students and families navigate the complex college application process and generally work with students individually or in small groups. “I am passionate about creating pathways for all students, regardless of their socio-economic background. This is a wonderful opportunity to help thousands of students who are in need here in Colorado,” said Donoghue.
The goals of DPS Application Week is to
- Have each senior complete at least one college application.
- This may be a 4-year, 2-year and/or tech school application.
- Time permitting, CCC volunteers will discuss next steps to enrollment, such as essays, Letters of Recommendation and financial aid assistance.
- 4-year college application waiver codes will be available from every all Colorado colleges and universities present at the event.
- Student will leave with a College Resource Guide as well as an “exit” form to aid in any final steps to completion.
- School Counselors will also be provided with a Resource Guide
College Consultants of Colorado was established in 2008, as a consortium of Independent Educational Consultants whose professional training and backgrounds allow them to effectively serve students and their families in the college planning and search process. Our Mission is to promote community awareness of the benefits of using independent college professionals and to expand our knowledge of the college admissions process through shared information, continued professional development and collaboration. http://www.collegeconsultantsofcolorado.com/
Dates: Oct 16 & 17, Oct 23, 24, & 25
Times: 9:30a – 12:30p
Location: Doubletree by Hilton Hotel in Denver, 3203 Quebec St. Denver, CO